Sunday 28 November 2010

In My Mail #4

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme, hosted by The Story Siren.

I'll be sharing the books I've received the past week, either via my mailbox/library/store bought.I haven't got any books from the library this week, I've enough books to read for now, so I'm pleased about that!

Books received:
This sounds like a very inspirational read, and I'm drawn to the cover already.









One to review with the Young Reviewers.  First impressions are it's very colourful and eye catching, the inside is just as bright and visually informative as the cover.







The cover on this really says it all.  I've had a quick look through, as I'm looking forward to reading it, and there's loads of fab recipes to, so looking forward to sharing my review soon.







No, you're not seeing double.  I've not long reviewed this title, and the publisher got in contact offering 4 copies up for competitions, so watch this space (and Goodreads!)

(My thanks to Amulet Books).




Books Won:

The Test (Book 1) Nebador by J.Z. Colby & Lumiere Players (audio cd+jpegs) from Goodreads.
NEBADOR - the incredible journey of five young adults from poverty and oppression to respected citizenship in the wide universe ...

"This epic young-adult science fiction adventure begins as a strange young man arrives in a medieval kingdom. Stepping out of a swamp near the capital city, mysterious bracelet on his arm, only an unearthly fearlessness saves him from mutilation or death from a wild stallion. He is soon smiling and gazing over the kingdom from the top of a high hill.

Openly seeking a crew for a mysterious ship no one has seen, it is soon clear he is looking for something other than salty old sailors. He must learn many hard lessons of survival, and at the same time locate his crew in the rigid craft guilds and religious orders. Tempted by love and pursued by a powerful high priest, he discovers his bright and spirited students in the last place he wanted to look.

Just as he starts to teach them, dark political forces catch up with him, and he and his students must undertake a dangerous journey. Bonds of trust and love begin to form as they struggle to find a way out of the medieval walled city.

BOOK ONE: THE TEST is the first book in the NEBADOR series of twelve or more novels. These stories are filled with wit-sharpening and skill-honing challenges - mental, emotional, and spiritual - for both the characters and the reader. It is truly a grand adventure in which the characters come to understand a beloved saying of the Nebador Transport Service: Personal power is the ability to stand on your own two feet, with a smile on your face, in the middle of a universe that contains a million ways to crush you.
"


Freefall by Mindi Scott
Won from The Book CellarX, thanks to Erica and Mindi Scott for personalizing this, my first ever personalized book!!!  I'm intrigued with this one.


"How do you come back from the point of no return?
 Seth McCoy was the last person to see his best friend, Isaac, alive, and the first to find him dead. It was just another night, just another party, just another time when Isaac drank too much and passed out on the lawn. Only this time, Isaac didn't wake up.
Convinced that his own actions led to his friend's death, Seth is torn between turning his life around . . . or losing himself completely.
Then he meets Rosetta: so beautiful and so different from everything and everyone he's ever known. But Rosetta has secrets of her own, and Seth soon realizes he isn't the only one who needs saving . . ."

Looking forward to blog bopping and seeing what's in you mail box :)

5 comments:

Michelle Santiago said...

awesome books! i've been wanting to read freefall. enjoy your books!

Stop by and check out our IMM post if you can :)

Yiota said...

You got many books! I really like Nebador. I will put it at my TBR list:D

My Mailbox

LJ said...

Nice load this week! Have a great time reading them!

Emma Michaels said...

Yeay! I love IMM. My to-reads list is growing by leaps and bounds today!!! Hope you will stop by mine!

Sincerely,
Emma Michaels
http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

Vee said...

Ooh, I'm looking forward to your review of Freefall! I've seen some mixed opinions on that one, but overall it seems fantastic and intriguing. Great IMM :)

I hope you have the chance to swing by and check out my IMM