Friday 7 January 2011

Her Warrior Angel by Felicity Heaton

Title: Her Warrior Angel
Author: Felicity Heaton
Publisher: Alinar Publishing
Published: Nov 2010
Formats: Kindle, Smashwords, Others
Author's website: http://www.felicityheaton.co.uk/

Rating: 5/5


I love the cover on this - it gives you a very visual insight into Einar, the angel warrior - drool!!  This is a book from the Her Angel series, and is the first book I've read from Felicity, each book can be read independently, which is a fantastic bonus.
From the outset we meet Taylor, the city's self designated protector.  Taylor is an interesting character.  Being half demon means any relationship between her and Einar is forbidden.  Both Taylor and Einar are torn and the scene is set for some sizzling fantastic reading. I enjoyed reading Taylor's indecision and justifications for her actions, whilst also getting insights from Einar about how he was feeling.  My favourite quote from Her Warrior Angel:

'She could sense his restraint as it mirrored hers, and his battle against his desire.  He wanted it too.'

I found the book to be a complete roller coaster of emotions.  I felt drawn in by the characters and their relationships.  The atmosphere between Taylor and Einar is very electrifying, hot and sexy.  Einar is enough to make most women weak at their knees, and he's so sweet and strong with it too.  He contradicts some of the ideas I had of an angel, but in a good way.  He realizes that he's never been truly happy, and his future changes because of it.

I loved Vilandry's character and both the way his history with Taylor is shown and Einar's reaction to this knowledge - it made an engrossing read.  (Vilandry being one of Taylor's ex-lovers, who happens to be a vampire).
A whole spectrum of emotions were evoked from the pages.  If it was much hotter, I would have needed to plug my electric fan in *phew!* Raw emotions, from wanting to kiss Einar for being so sweet, to being completely shocked at some of the actions that led to the ending, by which time I was almost in tears. I certainly didn't see the way Einar's future led! 

I'm really pleased I read this, and am looking forward to reading more books by Felicity Heaton, who has now gone on my permanent author list :)

Book Synopsis:
'Einar is one of Heaven’s best hunters and he’s on a mission to uncover why an angel was working with demons. When he finds the first demon fighting a beautiful woman named Taylor, he intervenes and saves her life. Taylor has spent her whole life protecting London from the lowest demons and she’s not about to let an angel waltz into her city and take over her job, and she’s certainly not about to fall in love with him, even if he is gorgeous. The reason why she can’t is simple—she’s half demon.

There is no love in this world more forbidden than that between an angel and a demon.

Sense tells Taylor to get out before she gets her heart broken, but she winds up convincing Einar to partner with her instead. Einar is certain that working with Taylor is a bad idea, and not only because he can’t focus when he’s around her, but he can’t let her go. The mission leads them deep into the city’s underworld, where old flames burn Taylor while new flames of passion and fear of the consequences consume them, and the threat of Einar’s demons hangs over them both.

Can a love so forbidden ever have a happy ending or are they destined to break each other’s hearts?

ALL OF THE HER ANGEL SERIES STORIES STAND ALONE AND DO NOT NEED TO BE READ IN ORDER' 




Source - bought.

4 comments:

Books for Company said...

I love this cover!
Sounds like a great book, haven't read one by this author yet!
Books For Company

Unknown said...

I haven't ever heard of Felicity Heaton. I am totally intrigued! I love anything with angels in and this sure sounds saucy! ;-)

Kelly aka yllektra(I Work For Books) said...

Great review!
This book looks like a book I would enjoy!
Thanks!

Sarah said...

I'm glad you loved this one - I've really enjoyed all three novellas in this series & was very excited when Felicity told me that the next one will be a full lenght novel (although we have to wait until May for it). I added your link to my review :o)