Monday 14 March 2011

A review of Massage for the Mind

I recently used Massage of the Mind a couple of times, and thought I'd share with you my experiences.

Massage of the Mind is a hypnotherapy MP3 recording and takes around 20 minutes to listen to.  I used it for two days, spread out over a week.  I found the music to be soothing and relaxing.  I've used meditation cds and tapes before, so I found the tempo of the speaker to be slightly quicker than I was used to.  On the first session, around half way through I was in a deep state of relaxation, which was lovely - and then felt a little disorientated as the speaker used both the left and right side of the sound system to speak, with each earpiece saying different things.  Once I'd got use to it I was relaxed once more.  At the end of the MP3 I felt I'd had a very deep uninterrupted sleep, my limbs no longer felt heavy as they had done during the session, and I felt refreshed.

On the second session I was more relaxed, and when the dual speaking happened it did not phase me this time and helped relax me further.  For this session I chose to lay in bed as it was getting late and I wanted to relax.  This was my experience up until the very last sentences spoken, when the speaker brings you back into awareness ......1...2...3...4...wide awake....yep...that was around 11.20pm when I finished....and I was still wide awake at 2.45am which is unheard of for me.  I have to admit that this put me off using the MP3 again.  As a parent I value being awake and able to look after the children....I still felt wide awake when I eventually woke up the next day, so the wide awake feeling took some time to go.

Overall, having trained as a Holistic Therapist (Massage), I love the idea behind Massage of the Mind.  My experiences were mixed, and if I were to do this again, it wouldn't be before sleep time, I totally understand why there's a warning stating not too use this whilst driving or operating machinery, it did relax me whilst I was listening to it.

Peggy's website (Clinical Hypnotherapist)

No comments: