Thursday 21 July 2011

Forgotten by Cat Patrick

Title: Forgotton
Author: Cat Patrick
Publisher: Egmont
Published: June 2011
ISBN: 978 1405 253611


Cat Patrick's Website


Rating 4.5/5




The cover on this is fairly brooding and grey with the exception of the red hair (gotta love red headed heroines!).  Once I'd got used to the idea that London can't remember her past, but can remember things in the future, this book was a fantastic read.  London's memory resets itself during the early hours of the morning every day...so unless she wrote things down or mentions them to her mum, she doesn't remember and for her it doesn't exist and never happened.   This has some really emotional parts in it - which I won't spoil, but there is certainly a lot more to this story than trying to remember things whilst being a teen and keeping such a huge secret hidden from most of those around you.


I absolutely adore Luke, the new boy in town who is drawn like a magnet to London.  The romance in this book is so touching and really, really well played out with London's unique memory problem making it an absorbing and sometimes heart-in-mouth read.


Forgotten is about romance, mystery and growing up.  It's about feeling and going with your gut that things are right....ultimately for London it's for trusting what she knows is to come, and knowing that some things aren't pre destined.  This book has made it into my top 10 reads of this year to date.


Book synopsis:
Here's the thing about me: I can see the future in flashes, like memories. But my past is a blank. I remember what I'll wear tomorrow, and an argument that won't happen until this afternoon. But I don't know what I ate for dinner last night. I get by with the help of notes, my mom and my best friend Jamie, and the system works ...Until now. Everything's falling apart. Jamie's going of the rails. My mom is lying to me. And I can't see the boy I adore in my future. But today, I love him. And I never want to forget how much ...Forgotten is the story of a girl for whom yesterday is lost, today is an adventure, and tomorrow is a memory. An unforgettable read.


Source - bought.

1 comment:

Jules said...

I REALLY want to read this one! :)

Great review.