Wednesday 27 July 2011

Kisses for Lula by Samantha Macintosh

Title: Kisses for Lula
Author: Samantha Macintosh
Publisher: Egmont
Published: June 2010
ISBN: 978 1405249621

Samantha Macintosh’s Website

Rating 4/5


The cover on this is so bright and friendly…it’s also got a “Shortlisted for Queen of Teen” sticker on it, which adds to the girly factor IMO :)

Lula is rumoured to have been jinxed, after so many disastrous dates! Lula is a fun character to read about and get to know. She’s clumsy in places,. One of my favourite bits is when she gives a male co-worker a make over. So, so funny (I had comments from my children asking why I was laughing so much!)

Can Lula find the right guy and be kissed before turning sweet 16?? Lula learns not to trust appearances and has to question relationships and realise that maybe everything isn’t as it seems. What intrigues me most during this is Lula’s friends are mostly absent, so in true teen fashion as they are away, they converse via MSN and text, so we don’t really get to see Lula in many social settings outside of her quest to be kissed or whilst she’s working.

Lula also helps solve a mystery, albeit a fairly transparent one I thought.

Kisses for Lula is a fun, easy and light hearted read. I enjoyed it – it has a certain feel good factor about it!

Book synopsis:
More to tell and not so much to kiss, as I found out in the days leading up to my 16th birthday. With just five days to go until the big event, can I get the guy, solve the crime and jilt the jinx for good? Cos you can't turn 16 if you've never been kissed . . . right?

Source – A copy in return for an honest review was received from Egmont with thanks.

No comments: