Tuesday 19 July 2011

Sex and the Kitty by Nancy the Cat

Title: Sex and the Kitty
Author: Nancy the Cat
Publisher: Constable 
Publishes: 22 Sept 2011
ISBN: 978 178 0330 501


Constable & Robinson Page

Rating: 3.5/5






First off, I love this cover!  Unlike many cat people, I adore black cats - I may just show you our cute black cat, who's a FIP cat :)  


This is Nancy the Cat's first book, and is 'A Celebrity Meowmoir'.  There aren't many puns in the book, and Nancy comes across as very outspoken, and as a kitten goes on some fairly wild adventures that makes me pleased we've got an indoor cat ;)  Some of Nancy's exploits are fairly funny, the best being her taking part in a production of Animal Farm which ends up with her in mischief and then a local celebrity, but for the wrong reasons.  There wasn't as much glamour on the horizon for Nancy as I thought there would be....I was expecting a Madonna type character, in the midst of it all....but what happens to Nancy is mainly accidental and she's not the main attraction.


I liked Nancy, and I also liked the way she came across - a fairly care free cat.  Her friends (Team Nancy) are varied, and the way she relates to them is, I think, very similar to how cats react to each other.  Unlike what I was expecting, she didn't get her claws out and be bitchy at any point.  It's a very light hearted and compact read at just over 200 pages, and one which will entertain cat lovers.


Book synopsis:

The Memoirs of a Small-Town Cat with a Big-City Attitude.
‘I knew if anyone could help me get to where I wanted to be, it was Mr Kit-e-Licious, the cat of my dreams.’

Even as a kitten, Nancy knew she was different. Unlike her peers who were content to hunt mice and sunbathe all day, Nancy was born with a thirst for adventure.

She tastes local fame after hitching rides in strangers’ cars, and soon Nancy starts a blog, becomes a Facebook sensation, and dips her paws in the world of show business. She dreams of meeting Mr. Kit-e-Licious, the country’s number-one cat star – they could be the Brad and Angelina of the cat world. When she is signed by a celebrity agent it seems like her dream is about to come true. But will Nancy find the glamour-puss life is all that she thought it would be?





 Source: Many thanks to Constable, an ARC was received in return for an honest review. 

No comments: