Sunday 13 November 2011

House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz



This sounds like a truly fascinating read, narrated from Watson’s viewpoint as he looks back over his relationship with Holmes and breathes life into two intertwined cases which have been - until now - kept secret.

The book trailer leaves me wanting more – a bequeath of a portrait of Holmes and a case which may upset the fabric of society, so much so that Watson feels the need to document it and then have it sealed for 100 years.  This idea really appeals to me…that Watson found it so disturbing that he didn’t want to deal with it in his lifetime, and also what the 100 year gap will make of Holmes’ and Watsons’ case.  What could Watson have thought so much of (or been so scared of) to have wanted his documents sealed for so long for?  I’m intrigued!  As the book trailer says…”The game is afoot”

I like the cover on this – the font is very eye catching, being both decorative and swirly.  I’ve read a sneak peek of this and am further intrigued – this is a book I want to read, (actually it’s the first book on my Christmas book wish list if I don’t buy it before then!) and it’ll be my first Sherlock Holmes and Watson book. 

I’ve seen one of the Sherlock movies which I adored, and I see no reason this won’t live up to the same expectation and high level of intricate plot weaving alongside the very intelligent Holmes and his sidekick Watson…with the twist of it being from Watson’s memories.

Title: House of Silk: The New Sherlock Holmes Novel
Author: Anthony Horowitz
Publisher: Orion
ISBN: 9781 4091 33827
Published: 1st November 2011

This post has been sponsored, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.

2 comments:

Sam (Tiny Library) said...

This sounds great, Anthony Horowitz is a very good writer.

Kulsuma said...

Anthony Horowitz is one of my favourite authors so I will have to read this:)