Saturday 31 December 2011

Stolen Away by Alyxandra Harvey


Title: Stolen Away
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Published:January 2012
ISBN: 978 1408811320
Price: £6.99

Rating: 4/5

The cover on this has a good range of colours associated with mystical things, so from the cover alone you get a feel for what is to come.  The cover also has delicate wings and scroll detail on which I like.

Eloise Hart is mortified when a good looking guy carrying a sword kneels at her feet.  What follows is an unravelling of her life as it has been, and an adventure which helps shed light on exactly why she is stalked and then stolen away from her family and friends.  I enjoyed the relationship between Eloise and her friends Jo and Devin, as they try and find out what they should do. 

As with previous books by Alyxandra Harvey, we don’t get to know the full plot in advance, so as readers we are taken on an adventure of discovery just as the main characters are, which I think is done really, really well.

I enjoyed the telling of this story, and finding out more about Aunt Antonia and the world of Fae.  My favourite character is the mysterious Eldric who has a dark side to him.  I found this a really quick read which I devoured in one sitting. 




An excerpt from Stolen Away:



Source – Many thanks to Bloomsbury, a copy was received in return for an honest review.

No comments: