Tuesday 17 July 2012

Rosebush by Michele Jaffe


Title: Rosebush
Author: Michele Jaffe
Publisher: Atom
Published: February 2011
ISBN: 978 1907 410383

Rating: 5/5 with merits!!

Jane has been hit by a car and left for dead and is now suffering from amnesia.  She is sure someone is out to kill her – so when she starts receiving threatening phone calls in her hospital room, along with mysterious gifts, she tries to tell the drs and her parents, none of whom believe her.

*Wow* is the first word I can think of for this!  This is a spine chiller and one that creeped me out whilst I was reading it.  Although I had a few suspects who could have tried to murder Jane, right up until the person is revealed I still wasn’t sure – there’s more plot twists in this than you can shake a stick at, and all of them are valid!  The thing that makes it so good is Jane has to remember…and as her memory returns, so do snippets of what led up to the night of her being run down. Make sure you've got a sofa to hide behind if you read this!

I’m glad I decided to read another of Jaffe’s books – I'm looking forward to the next.

Book synopsis:
Jane is found, near death, in a rosebush - a victim of hit and run. But as she's convalescing she realizes that her friends' stories and her memories of what happened that night aren't adding up. And now the only thing she does know is that one of her friends isn't so friendly. One of them tried to kill her. Sometimes the truth is a very thorny thing...

Source - bought

2 comments:

Krystianna said...

I've been thinking about reading this one, but I wasn't so sure. I'm glad to hear that you rated it a 5! Thanks for the review :)

Marwa Nassimi said...

I loved this book! It was captivating i found it hard to put down!