Saturday 30 October 2010

The Secrets of a Fire King by Kim Edwards

Title: The Secrets of a Fire King
Author: Kim Edwards
ISBN: 9780141034577
Publisher: Penguin
Published: 2007
Author Website: None found

Rating: 3/5


The cover art on this looks good, the synopsis sounds interesting.  It came as a surprise to find that each chapter was a stand alone piece about someones life.  The first two I found beautiful to read, vivid in their descriptions and extremely rich with the depth from the characters.  The third chapter was a little harsher to read and dealt with morality.  I couldn't read any further after this point.  I just couldn't get into the fourth chapter and felt it was a great shame that the characters weren't as rich and although their lives were interesting, it was not captivating enough for me to want to continue.

Disappointed, as I had high hopes after judging it by the cover and by the given synopsis. I've given it the rating I have as the first three chapters are well worth reading, very in depth and the characters are written with a lot of feeling.

No comments: