Thursday 8 November 2012

Review: Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi



Title: Under the Never Sky
Author: Veronica Rossi
Publisher: Atom
Published: February 2012
ISBN: 978 1907411052
Rating: 2.5/5

I’m not sure about the cover on this.  The male character reminds me a lot of Jacob out of the twilight saga. Personally I would have preferred a different kind of cover, maybe the US one.

I found the start was slow, as I adjusted to Aria's world of Realms and living outside of reality.  I wasn’t taken by surprise at all by the turn of events as chaos reins.

The journey Aria & Perry take to become lovers and to trust each other is tentative.  My favourite character is Cinder (an unusual name for a boy)..but very apt.  I enjoyed the range of characters, and the tension between Perry and his brother.

There were a few twists that I didn’t predict, but overall the story was easy to foresee.  It took me a good 50 pages to decide I was going to continue reading, but it was ok in the end.  I would like to see what happens in the next part to see how the characters develope, and have found it interesting that I was in the minority with my lower rating, I've enjoyed reading other reviews on this.

Book synopsis:
WORLDS KEPT THEM APART.
DESTINY BROUGHT THEM TOGETHER.

Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim.

Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive.

If they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding answers

Source: Many thanks to the publisher, a copy was received in return for an honest review.

No comments: