Wednesday 23 February 2011

Waiting on Wednesday - Live Wire by Harlan Coben

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases which bloggers are eagerly anticipating.

This is my pick this week, I've already got my order in for what is bound to be a thrilling ride of a book, I like Myron, hes always jumped in to help others, and Live Wire looks like it's going to be an explosive perception changer....I thoroughly enjoy Harlan Coben's storytelling :)
 
Live Wire by Harlan Coben - released date May 2011


Over the years, Myron Bolitar has walked a tight rope between sports agent, friend, problem solver and private eye, his big heart quick to defend his clients' interests so fiercely that he can't help but jump in to save them, no matter the cost to his own happiness. So when former tennis star Suzze T and her rock star husband, Lex, encounter an anonymous Facebook post questioning the paternity of their unborn child, Lex runs off, and Suzze - at eight months pregnant - asks Myron to save her marriage, and perhaps her husband's life. 
But when he finds Lex, he also finds two people he wasn't looking for: his sister-in-law, Kitty, wife of Myron's estranged brother, and her teenage son, Mickey, who is achingly familiar. But this boy that he has never met blames Myron for everything that has happened to his parents... As Myron races to locate his missing brother while their father clings to life after a savage heart-attack, he must face the lies that led to the estrangement long ago - including the ones told by Myron himself. He must also answer the questions that Mickey's arrival has thrown up. Who is Myron Bolitar really? And can he heal the damage of the past? We thought we knew Myron, but Harlan Coben now shows us we never did. An electric, stay-up-all night thriller that unfolds at a breakneck pace, Live Wire proves that Coben still has the ability to shock us anew. 



4 comments:

It's a Book Thing said...

Harlan Coben is always a must!

check out our WoW

Majanka said...

Sounds like a nice read. I also love the cover. Great pick!

Here's my Waiting on Wednesday.

Leanna Elle said...

I've always the Harlan Coben books I've read. I also got my boyfriend to become a fan!

Beth said...

Great pick. I dropped by for Wow and am staying to follow.
bethfred.com