Wednesday 30 March 2011

Waiting on Wednesday - Forgotten by Cat Patrick

Waiting on Wednesday is a chance for readers and bloggers to let others know what they are eagerly anticipating, and it's hosted by Breaking the Spine

Forgotten is my pick for this week, another debut novel, but this time from Egmont releasing in June.

Book synopsis:
 With the intrigue of Memento and the romance of The Time-Traveller's Wife, Forgotten is the perfect YA novel. Here's the thing about me: I can see the future in flashes, like memories. But my past is a blank. I remember what I'll wear tomorrow, and an argument that won't happen until this afternoon. But I don't know what I ate for dinner last night. I get by with the help of notes, my mom and my best friend Jamie, and the system works ...Until now. Everything's falling apart. Jamie's going of the rails. My mom is lying to me. And I can't see the boy I adore in my future. But today, I love him. And I never want to forget how much ...Forgotten is the story of a girl for whom yesterday is lost, today is an adventure, and tomorrow is a memory.  An unforgettable read. 

I must admit, as a parent I can totally understand where the author was coming from when she wrote this!  This sounds like a heart wrenching read.

5 comments:

Avery said...

I haven't heard of this before and am slightly kicking myself- it sounds so intriguing!
;)

Unknown said...

This books sounds really good and this is the first I've heard of it! I'm adding it to my wishlist :) Thanks for sharing!

Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

Sally said...

I love the sound of this one it's been on my wishlist for a while. Can't wait.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-12.html

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

This book sounds really great, and I love the cover! Great pick!

Lori said...

I hope that when you get it, it will be everything you hope it to be. Wanna see what I am Waiting on Wednesday for? Check it out.