Thursday 15 September 2011

Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Title: Across the Universe
Author: Beth Revis
Publisher: Penguin /Razorbill
Published: March 2011
ISBN: 9780141333663
Author’s website: http://www.bethrevis.com/

Rating 4.5/5


The cover on this reflects the storyline, with the galaxy and male/female almost touching/kissing.  I have to admit it took me a while for my eyes to realise that it was two people – I was focusing on the white areas around them, which made it look like a sand timer – before the image popped out at me!!! I love the shades of purple used.

This is the first of a three part series about romance and space.  Amy is violently awoken before her time is due – 50 years before she is expecting to be woken from her frozen capsule whilst aboard a spaceship destined for a new planet.  As her story unfolds and she realises that it was an accident that she is still alive, she struggles to find out exactly what’s going on…who was trying to murder her…and why.  Ultimately she comes into her own and questions why things are as everyone accepts them…which could prove fatal.

From the first chapter, I was thrown into a world of pain, huge sadness, trust and love….and couldn’t wait to continue reading as I was completely hooked.  Why would a teen choose to stay in stasis for so long….chapter 1 evoked really strong emotions for me as a reader...I just had to see how the story would continue, and the book kept me guessing and wanting more all the way through.

This is the first space romance I’ve read….I look forward to reading the other two parts when they are out :) I won’t tell you the ending….but I want to know what happens next <stomps foot> !!!!!

Book trailer:
Book synopsis:
Amy has left the life she loves for a world 300 years away
Trapped in space and frozen in time, Amy is bound for a new planet. But fifty years before she's due to arrive, she is violently woken, the victim of an attempted murder. Now Amy's lost on board and nothing makes sense - she's never felt so alone.
Yet someone is waiting for her. He wants to protect her; and more if she'll let him.
But who can she trust amidst the secrets and lies? A killer is out there - and Amy has nowhere to hide . . .

1 comment:

peapod said...

A space romance? That sounds very exciting! I'm putting this on my 'to read' list :)